Dear TEAM Pittsburgh family:
By now most of you are aware of the news regarding the spread of the COVID-19 (corona virus) and of the many events that are being canceled all over the United States. Wanted to assure you that TEAM Pittsburgh is taking this Health situation very seriously. With that said, we will continue to monitor the CDC, PA Department of Health, Allegheny County Health Department and City of Pittsburgh updates regarding the virus, along with following any advice, precautions and recommendations that they suggest. As of today, there have not been any confirmed cases of the virus in Allegheny County, which is very positive news.
Parents, please know that you have the choice to keep your child at home and that they will not be penalized in any way and remember that there will be more hockey games to play.
However, please follow the suggested precautions listed below.
- If you are sick, stay home.
- If you cough, do so in your elbow or sleeve, not your hands.
- Do not share any drinks or water bottles.
- Do not share any clothing or equipment.
- Wash hands frequently and don’t touch your face.
- Our restroom facilities will have plenty of soap, paper towels and toilet paper as needed.
- If you need water, we have plenty of water in our concession stand and restrooms.
- Create other ways to greet and congratulate other players without shaking hands.
- If you have traveled out of the country or in a US hot zone where the virus is present, we ask that you do not attend and instead watch the game live on our webcast at teampgh.com.
Our Spring 2020 season is set to begin on Monday March 16th, so please feel free to communicate your thoughts and questions to your coach or board member including myself.
Our goal is to keep our families and community as safe as possible, so if there are any changes or updates from our local, state or federal government, we will be sure to pass those on.
Thank You and be safe.
TEAM Pittsburgh Dek Hockey