About the Scholarship
Catherine Jones was introduced to the game of hockey by her husband Ken & son Ryan, who is very active in the organization as a coach and in-house administrator.They had found a sport that involved the entire family & she was immediately hooked. She found herself involved in board & administrative activities, even introducing their daughter Renee to the sport when she became of age. Between travel & in house, it became a six day a week love affair & there was no turning back, only moving forward. They had found a wholesome, family friendly sport, with self minded parents & children, that taught essential life skills & grew life long friendships with children & parents alike. What a blessing, that she even got to see her grandsons get bitten by the “bug”, until she lost her battle with Metastatic Breast Cancer.
In memory of Catherine, TEAM Pittsburgh along with donations from the Jones friends and family help fund the scholarship that awards $1,500 dollars to three qualified students. A scholarship committee of individuals who are not TEAM Pittsburgh board members and do not have children that currently qualify for the scholarship will review all applicants anonymously and award the scholarships.
The following requirements must be met to be considered for the scholarship
1. Graduating HS senior in the spring of current year
2. 3.0 or greater Cumulative GPA
3. Has played in the TEAM Pittsburgh In-house program for at least 2 seasons
4. Must complete application by deadline
5. Requires Official HS transcripts
6. Requires Letter of Recommendation
7. Requires completing of Q & A section of application completely
8. Must being accepted to accredited secondary education College, University or trade school.